Lismore Target Rifle Club
- Please note that following COVID-19 we are now able to open and operate the rifle range with some limitations.
- The range will only be opened to fully licensed shooters at this stage and unlicensed shooters (P650) or trainee shooters will have to wait a little longer before they can attend. We are required to limit the numbers to comply with the 4 Square Metre rule and whist on the range we must maintain 1.5 Metre separation. This will mean that we can only occupy every second Shooting Bay. Before handling any shared equipment please use the hand sanitizer provided and PLEASE do not attend the range if you have any flue like symptoms. An added requirement to signing the range register is that you must record a contact phone number in the comments column of the register.
- The Northern Region Championship which was to be held on the second weekend in November has been cancelled for 2020.
- Our normal in club competition will not recommence this year and shooting will be a little less formal for the time being. The committee also surveyed our members looking for new ideas to make shooting more interesting. As a result of that survey we are trialing Saturday shooting on the 1st and 3rd Saturdays in the month starting 12pm 4th July. This will be non-competitive practice shooting and will include Air Rifles. So if you have an old air rifle bring it along.
- The Rifle Range does not open on NSW Public Holidays. If unsure on the weather please check with the Club Captain before traveling to the range.
- (Updated 22-07-2020)
How do I joinVisit the rifle range when it is in use on a Monday or Wednesday night (6:45 pm) and talk to the range officer. All visitors are welcome and the only obligation is that you sign the visitors book.
Firearms training & testingThe Club provides Firearms Training and Testing on behalf of the NSW Firearms Registry.
How old do you have to beChildren over the age of 12 years can participate but must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
What type of members do we haveSenior, Junior, Pensioner, Family and Social Members.
FeesThere is a yearly membership fee, which varies dependant on the membership type. There is also a fee whenever the range is used. Once set up in the sport the other on going cost is the .22 standard ammunition you use.
Club fundingThe club is a non-profit club and the running cost is met from the range fees and a small portion of the membership fee. The majority of the membership goes to our affiliated body, the NSW Small Bore Rifle and Air Rifle Association; and Target Rifle Australia which coordinates the sport throughout Australia and provides the local clubs with Insurance cover.
Expectation of membersClub members are expected to operate in a safe manner and follow the range rules and instruction from the range officer. A requirement of the firearms regulations is that a member must attend the range a minimum of 4 times a year. Apart from this we attend the range for the enjoyment of the sport. The club operates by voluntary contributions of the members and will only continue to operate while members are prepared to assist. Members are elected/volunteer to positions for a 12-month term at the Annual General Meeting held the 3rd Tuesday in February. General meetings are held the 3rd Tuesday in the Month. We expect members to attend some meetings, consider filling a position within the club and participate in the operation of the club.
Club historyThe Club has a long history in the Lismore district and was first established at the Lismore Showground in 1963 with only five shooting bays. The Club moved to Tuncester in 1970 and the range has been continuously improved to its present standard. It now has twelve shooting bays on a well-kept range. Target distances vary from 35 to 90 meters.
Lismore & Northern Region championshipsThis competition shoot is held the second weekend in November and is attended by club shooters from Queensland and NSW. Like wise members from our club attends shoots in these neighboring districts.
The sportGives people in the Lismore area the opportunity to participate in several different shooting disciplines that are contested at the range. These are all shot with a .22 rifle and include Silhouette, 50 Metre Target and 50 Metre Bench Rest. The best time to visit the club is around 6:45 pm Monday or Wednesdays. The Club also has a practice day 1:00 Pm on the last Saturday in the Month.
LocationThe rifle range and clubhouse is located about 5kms out of Lismore on the Kyogle road. Turn left into Rifle Range Road (Big Factory & Car Wreckers). The Club is 490 meters on the right hand side of Rifle Range Road. Turn right across the grid into the range and left across a second grid into the car park
- Derek Cassar
- PH 02 66282082 a/h
- Derek Cassar
- PH 02 66282082 a/h
LocationRifle Range Road Tuncester
Postal AddressLISMORE TARGET RIFLE CLUB Inc.
PO Box 6010