Lismore Target Rifle Club
- Our AGM was held on Tuesday 17th February with little change to the existing committee.
- Please note that following COVID-19 restrictions have eased and we are now able to open and operate the rifle range with some limitations.
- The range is now available to both fully licensed shooters and unlicensed (P650) trainee shooters. We are still required to comply with the 1.5 Square Metre rule and whist on the range we must maintain 1.5 Metre separation where possible. Before handling any shared equipment please use the hand sanitizer provided and PLEASE do not attend the range if you have any flue like symptoms. An added requirement to signing the range register is that you must record a contact phone number in the comments column of the register.
- Target shooting back to shooting both Monday and Wednesday nights.
- The Range will also be open to all shooters on the 1st and 3rd Saturday's 12pm and we will continue to do this if there is enough interest. The Rifle Range does not open on NSW Public Holidays.
- If unsure on the weather please check with the Club Captain before traveling to the range.
- Membership fees were due on the 1st January and if you are renewing your 2020 membership; and were a member prior to Sept 2020 ask about our covid discount.
- We are not planning for a November Annual Shoot for 2021 and at this stage aiming for our usual time slot in November 2022.
- (Updated 20-4-2022)
How do I joinVisit the rifle range when it is in use on a Monday or Wednesday night (6:45 pm) and talk to the range officer. All visitors are welcome and the only obligation is that you sign the visitors book.
Firearms training & testingThe Club provides Firearms Training and Testing on behalf of the NSW Firearms Registry.
How old do you have to beChildren over the age of 12 years can participate but must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
What type of members do we haveSenior, Junior, Pensioner, Family and Social Members.
FeesThere is a yearly membership fee, which varies dependant on the membership type. There is also a fee whenever the range is used. Once set up in the sport the other on going cost is the .22 standard ammunition you use.
Club fundingThe club is a non-profit club and the running cost is met from the range fees and a small portion of the membership fee. The majority of the membership goes to our affiliated body, the NSW Small Bore Rifle and Air Rifle Association; and Target Rifle Australia which coordinates the sport throughout Australia and provides the local clubs with Insurance cover.
Expectation of membersClub members are expected to operate in a safe manner and follow the range rules and instruction from the range officer. A requirement of the firearms regulations is that a member must attend the range a minimum of 4 times a year. Apart from this we attend the range for the enjoyment of the sport. The club operates by voluntary contributions of the members and will only continue to operate while members are prepared to assist. Members are elected/volunteer to positions for a 12-month term at the Annual General Meeting held the 3rd Tuesday in February. General meetings are held the 3rd Tuesday in the Month. We expect members to attend some meetings, consider filling a position within the club and participate in the operation of the club.
Club historyThe Club has a long history in the Lismore district and was first established at the Lismore Showground in 1963 with only five shooting bays. The Club moved to Tuncester in 1970 and the range has been continuously improved to its present standard. It now has twelve shooting bays on a well-kept range. Target distances vary from 35 to 90 meters.
Lismore & Northern Region championshipsThis competition shoot is held the second weekend in November and is attended by club shooters from Queensland and NSW. Like wise members from our club attends shoots in these neighboring districts.
The sportGives people in the Lismore area the opportunity to participate in several different shooting disciplines that are contested at the range. These are all shot with a .22 rifle and include Silhouette, 50 Metre Target and 50 Metre Bench Rest. The best time to visit the club is around 6:30 pm Wednesdays.
LocationThe rifle range and clubhouse is located about 5kms out of Lismore on the Kyogle road. Turn left into Rifle Range Road (Big Factory & Car Wreckers). The Club is 490 meters on the right hand side of Rifle Range Road. Turn right across the grid into the range and left across a second grid into the car park
- Derek Cassar
- PH 02 66282082 a/h
- Derek Cassar
- PH 02 66282082 a/h
LocationRifle Range Road Tuncester
Postal AddressLISMORE TARGET RIFLE CLUB Inc.
PO Box 6010