Lismore Target Rifle Club
- We are operating Wednesday nights and the 1st and 3rd Saturdays for members and people making enquiries about our sport. Both Covid-19 vaccinated and un-vaccinated people are now able to attend the range in line with many other sporting events. However please do not attend the range if you have Flue like symptoms or are feeling un-well.
- The 1st Saturday of the month will now be for Silhouette Target Shooting and the 3rd Saturday will be general practice and sighting in. The start time of a Saturday is 1PM.
- On Wednesdays we shoot both bench rest and prone at 50 metre paper targets and these events are shot of an evening under lights. The start time for Wednesday's is 6:30PM arrival for a 7:00PM start.
- The Range is available to both fully licensed shooters and unlicensed (P650) trainee shooters. All people attending the range are required to sign the NSW Firearms attendance record which is kept just inside the range entry door.
- Target shooting will be every Wednesday night and the Saturdays as nominated below.
- The Range is open on the 1st and 3rd Saturday's 1:00PM and we will continue to do this if there is enough interest. The Rifle Range will not open on long weekends that involve a NSW Public Holiday.
- If unsure on the weather please check with the Club Captain before traveling to the range.
- Membership fees are always due the 1st January and you will need to renew your membership before shooting. New shooters can try the sport if they can comply with the P650 requirements.
- Our Monday Night shoots have been postponed until further notice due to lack of attendance. As stated above we are now Shooting Silhouette's on the 1st Saturday of the month.
- (Updated 6-6-2022)
How do I join
Visit the rifle range when it is in use on a Wednesday nights (6:45 pm) or one of the nominated Saturdays at 1Pm and talk to the range officer. All visitors are welcome and the only obligation is that you sign the visitors book.
Firearms training & testingThe Club provides Firearms Training and Testing on behalf of the NSW Firearms Registry.
How old do you have to beChildren over the age of 12 years can participate but must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
What type of members do we haveSenior, Junior, Pensioner, Family and Social Members.
FeesThere is a yearly membership fee, which varies dependant on the membership type. There is also a fee whenever the range is used. Once set up in the sport the other on going cost is the .22 standard ammunition you use.
Club fundingThe club is a non-profit club and the running cost is met from the range fees and a small portion of the membership fee. The majority of the membership goes to our affiliated body, the NSW Small Bore Rifle and Air Rifle Association; and Target Rifle Australia which coordinates the sport throughout Australia and provides the local clubs with Insurance cover.
Expectation of membersClub members are expected to operate in a safe manner and follow the range rules and instruction from the range officer. A requirement of the firearms regulations is that a member must attend the range a minimum of 4 times a year. Apart from this we attend the range for the enjoyment of the sport. The club operates by voluntary contributions of the members and will only continue to operate while members are prepared to assist. Members are elected/volunteer to positions for a 12-month term at the Annual General Meeting held the 3rd Tuesday in February. General meetings are held the 3rd Tuesday in the Month. We expect members to attend some meetings, consider filling a position within the club and participate in the operation of the club.
Club historyThe Club has a long history in the Lismore district and was first established at the Lismore Showground in 1963 with only five shooting bays. The Club moved to Tuncester in 1970 and the range has been continuously improved to its present standard. It now has twelve shooting bays on a well-kept range. Target distances vary from 35 to 90 meters.
Lismore & Northern Region championshipsThis competition shoot is held the second weekend in November and is attended by club shooters from Queensland and NSW. Like wise members from our club attends shoots in these neighboring districts.
The sportGives people in the Lismore area the opportunity to participate in several different shooting disciplines that are contested at the range. These are all shot with a .22 rifle and include Silhouette, 50 Metre Target and 50 Metre Bench Rest. The best time to visit the club is around 6:30 pm Wednesdays.
LocationThe rifle range and clubhouse is located about 5kms out of Lismore on the Kyogle road. Turn left into Rifle Range Road (Big Factory & Car Wreckers). The Club is 490 meters on the right hand side of Rifle Range Road. Turn right across the grid into the range and left across a second grid into the car park
- Derek Cassar
- PH 02 66282082 a/h
- Derek Cassar
- PH 02 66282082 a/h
LocationRifle Range Road Tuncester
Postal AddressLISMORE TARGET RIFLE CLUB Inc.
PO Box 6010